bradmore.jpg (19544 bytes)

Bradmore

A small church, not dedicated to a saint, which was a chapel of ease with the main church at Bunny. The square tower was built in the thirteenth century and an octagonal spire added in the fourteenth century. This broach spire is unbuttressed and has four two-light ogee windows around the tower. The lower part of the tower is built of rubble stone and building was halted until the Black Death had abated. In 1705 a great part of the village was destroyed by fire including the church and remained unused for a considerable time. In the 1800s a Mens Institute was added to the church fabric. Quite recently the tower was re-consecrated and Holy Communion is celebrated once a month at an altar which is situated at the bottom of the tower


Photograph taken June 2000 by Jack Garner
History of the church provided by Jack Garner