St Nicholas Church, Moorhouse (1861)
(aka Chantry Chapel) Located within Laxton parish
A note on the church:-
It was built to the design of Richard Clutton, Architect of Woburn, at a cost of £1000.00, in 1861. Paid for by the
Speaker of the House of Commons; Speaker Dennison of Ossington was a major land owner in the area
The bell is reputed to be the oldest known in the Southwell Diocese, and was cast around 1150.
Photographs taken by Gordon H. Booth, October 2001.
Notes about the church kindly provided by Gordon.